Thursday, June 2, 2016

Life Update & Some Things to Think About

*walks slowly in cautiously looking around* Well it's been a while since I've been on here. I see not much has changed . . . my fault I suppose. First off I want to (kind of?) apologize for the complete lack of updates all school year. I have very valid reasons including an 18 credit workload, a trip to Israel, a boyfriend who is now my fiance, and family drama. I'm disappointed I wasn't able to keep the blog up despite all of that but it truly was impossible. So, I am sorry I couldn't update . . . but there wasn't much else I could do to help.
Next. . . I probably will not resume my normal scheduled updates from last summer. I am hoping I can at least update sporadically this season but in the last three weeks I've gotten engaged and moved states, and am now looking into getting a job in addition to starting up a small home business-y kind of thing on Redbubble. Life is absolutely berserk and I'm waiting to see how the blog fits into all of that. It could be months until I find myself with enough time to start updating regularly again, but let it be known, whether it takes me one month or twelve I do intend to resume regular updates. As soon as life gives me some more free time.
There are so many things inspired from my last few months of life that I could write a short reflective post on that I don't even know what to say. So I'm just going to summarize a few points in a list.

  • Be careful who you trust for advice, and don't just take one person's advice. If something feels wrong even if you can't pin it down about following that advice, don't let yourself be pulled into following along. Trust your instincts. 
  • Long distance relationships are hard, and once the distance is closed, you're not going to really be willing to go back to the long-distance thing . . . ever. 
  • Sometimes all it takes for life's chaos to settle into a calmer calm than you've had in months is to make it even more chaotic with one big step outside of your comfort zone.
  • It is possible to belong to multiple families at once and all of them are invaluable no matter what problems exist.
  • Don't be afraid to grieve life and allow those around you to help you through things. 
  • Fears of dogs can be overcome by living with a dog who protects you from your fiance's tickling attacks.
  • Never stop praying, even if you feel you have no time, even if you haven't for days or even weeks, go pray, because it's the most important thing you could be doing. 
  • God truly does provide for every true need.
  • Sometimes the idea of talking to friends and explaining the decisions you've made is positively the most terrifying thing in the world because you're scared of being judged. If they're true friends, they may disagree, but they will still care about you and ask if you're okay.
  • Hugs help. Anytime. Any place. Even if you're INTJ, as long as they come from the right people.
One of these days I'll have to write out this year's entire story for you guys, because it really has been wild and heartbreaking and wonderful and the. hardest. year. of. my. life but looking back on it is nearly breathtaking and I've learned so much. I never realized someone could experience so much life all at once in so many different ways. 
Buuuuut that's enough from me for now. Hopefully I will be back again soon. If you have any desire at all to keep up with me, you may want to go check out my Redbubble shop since that is where I'm putting most of my energy right now. If you've never heard of Redbubble, it is a website that sells a whole range of different products (t-shirts, leggings, mugs, posters, pillows, duvet covers, phone cases, laptop sleeves, notebooks, and more) printed with designs uploaded by artists. The products themselves are made and printed by Redbubble, but the artists who uploaded the designs get royalties from every product with one of their designs on it sold. So far I have a lot of Fall Out Boy lyric art uploaded, as well as a decal with some Bastille lyrics and a few other random designs.



Those are two of the designs I have up. :)

I'm working on diversifying right now but I have ten different designs up so far, with more coming out every day, so if you're interested, go take a look-see. There's a link in the sidebar. :) The site also has a ton of fandom designs on there so you may also have fun just searching your favorite fandom and seeing what comes up. 

Has life been crazy for any of you this last year as well? Is anyone else starting to feel that instead of putting energy into writing fiction, you should just write down your life? What about digital art; do any of you dabble in it (or more)?


7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot to take in, you really have been super busy. I love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like life has been crazy for you! I've missed your posts, but I understand how life gets in the way a lot of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I kinda forgot that I was following your blog. And that you /had/ a blog. XD
    But I'm super glad that you're back, even though life's so crazy. I loved seeing all the little mentions of Jeff in there. :P I'm glad everything's going better, and I can't wait to here more from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha believe me, I almost forgot I had a blog too. XD And yes, I'm sure he will be mentioned many more times around here from now on.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to be a writer and you have writing skill then You should have the great handwriting skills and if you don't have then start writing with the ink pen/Fountain pen it will make your handwriting good.
    Check more

    ReplyDelete