Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Recap

I'm caving. I'm being conformist. I'm doing an end-of-month post to summarize what has happened, because I've seen other blogs I like do them and for some reason they appeal to me. Maybe it is the idea of closing off the month's activity in a neat little package that appeals to the J in me.

Blog Happenings

Books!
I was actually able to read this month with the demise of the school year. None of these books disappointed, and I reviewed five of them here.

My favorite was definitely Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson. A review is coming for that just so I can share my confusions and feels.
I found an awesome website called Thriftbooks which is like an online used bookstore. Because of it I was able to buy a few books in addition to the ones I got for my birthday:

  • Legend by Marie Lu
  • Hush, Hush by Rebecca Fitzpatrick
  • Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson
  • The Merchant's Son by C.F. Barrows
  • The Mark of the Thief by Jennifer A. Nielsen
  • The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennett by Bernie Su
  • Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
  • Resistance by Jaye L. Knight

Writing
I wish I could say I'd gotten my head down and done some more revision on Taken, buuuuut. . . . I really hate revising, alright? Instead, I started doing serious character arc plotting for Ace of Shadows and Light. I've resolved to finish the planning so I can write his half of the first draft for the July Camp NaNoWriMo.
As part of this preparation, I did Beautiful Books #9 link-up focused on Ace.

Other Internet Happenings

What Is to Come
  • There are plans for a Myers-Briggs joint project. Keep an eye out.
  • I'll be finishing up my little series on character types and plot roles with a post on anti-heroes and anti-villains.
  • I have two books waiting to be reviewed, and that number will steadily increase.
  • I'm going to host another character interview. 

Questions I Now Want You to Answer:
  1. Which character would you be interested in interviewing? My grouchy protagonist from Taken, Tyv? My manipulative antagonist from Shadows and Light, Tempe? Or another character I've mentioned?
  2. Is there anything related to writing you want me to write a post about?
  3. Is there anything you want to see more of or less or around here?
If you could just answer those in the comments section, you'll be among my new favorite people. Also, have you read any of those books I mentioned? What did you think of them?

4 comments:

  1. Yessssss! Resistance! I'm so happy you're reading them -- you must tell me what you think!
    And for your questions...:
    - Tempe. Because I loved talking with her in the character chat. xD
    - Hm. I'm going to be most unhelpful and say no.
    - Myers-Brigg posts are always neat. :D I'm so excited for the joint project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's the next book on my TBR list and I'll probably review it on the blog, so I'm sure you'll hear all my thoughts. xD Ah, I love talking about Tempe. You are right; that is QUITE unhelpful. But I will forgive you for liking Tempe.

      Delete
  2. Tyv! Tyv! Excited for a Myers-Briggs joint project! It sounds cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh dear, it seems Tyv and Tempe are tied now. Thanks for the input. xD

      Delete